USS Yorktown CV-10 is an Essex-class aircraft carrier of the United States Navy. The CV-10 was initially named as Bon Homme Richard. On September 26, 1942, it was renamed in tribute to USS Yorktown CV-5. t became the fourth US warship to bear the name of a town in Virginia. The CV-10 was reconstructed to SCB-27A design by the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard which began in March 1951. It was recommissioned in February 1953. The CV-10 was reclassified as an "Attack Aircraft Carrier" and was redesignated CVA-10. The CV-10 has a modernized flight deck with an enclosed "hurricane" bow. The CV-10 was reclassified as an "Antisumarine Warfare Support Aircraft Carrier" and was redesignated as CVS-10 on September 1, 1957. The CV-10 was formally dedicated as the first ship of the Naval and Maritime Museum.
• 1/350 scale model •Span Inches 5.25•Length Inches 30•Weight 16.5